WINTER 2018| NEWGARD NEWS
THE 5 BIGGEST DESIGN TRENDS FOR 2018
With the real estate market going strong, and millennials entering the suburban market, there has been some evolution in home design in the past year. We have scoured the Internet and done the research for you on some of the top custom home design trends for 2018. What trends are you most excited to incorporate into your custom home in 2018?
- Color Crush. White kitchens are still on-trend, but more homeowners are looking to personalize their spaces by adding new hues. Grays and blue are gaining in popularity, while warm wood tones will replace painted cabinets. Homeowners will be adding more color throughout the home, favoring earthy tones like tobacco or camel for a rich look. Intricate colors can change your home from a cold, dark style to a warm, comfortable aesthetic.
- Brass Still Going Strong. Mixed Metals and brass are bringing pizzazz to interiors and personalizing spaces. Today’s brass has a satin finish that is more understated and luxurious. Today’s look is all about mixing different metals and textures.
- Modern Farmhouse Accents. The modern farmhouse look continues to be one of the hottest trends for American Homes. The hallmarks of this trend are: open shelving, barn doors, shiplap trim detailing, trough and bucket sinks, vintage style lights, rustic distressed wood accents.
- Millwork Detailing. Millwork walls and detailing – such as shiplap trim or other millwork walls – are gaining popularity, not just in the traditional bathrooms and kitchens, but as feature walls in spaces like the bedroom, living room or foyer.
- Textured, Patterned Wallcoverings. Patterned and textured walls will be everywhere in 2018. Whether it’s a grass cloth, cork wallpaper, textured art work, or large florals, homeowners will use these design tools to make a statement.
These trends are great inspiration as you start planning your custom home building project or renovation. We would love to hear about your ideas. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
VICTORIA’S DESIGN CORNER: CLEAN LINES = TIMELESS DESIGN
Elegance in design in 2018 is focused on clean lines. This emphasis on the minimalistic, clean aesthetic can be seen in architecture, millwork, tile work, cabinetry and furnishings. Eliminate fussy, ornate or opulent busy details in your home. Clean lines create a timeless design that is quietly understated, simple and sophisticated – and will endure the test of time.
We are excited to be working a mix of different types of projects, including custom homes in Glencoe and Kenilworth, and a large renovation in Glencoe. View this short video of our newly completed model home at 1017 Forest, Glencoe or contact us to see our latest project for yourself. This one is extraordinary.